This one is strong in the Force
Subject: General Tech | March 16, 2007 - 11:07 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Give yourself Wi-Fi ESP with this handy little project that MAKE:Blog has linked to. With a little work with a micro-controller and PIC you can have a small sensor that provides a heartbeat-like signal that gets faster the better the Wi-Fi signal.
"Thought you might like my latest project -- a 6th sense for wireless networks! This project allows one to literally "feel"
wireless access points and their signal strength as easily as you feel the wind on your cheek. Note that this power is to be
used only for good, unless an evil application can be demonstrated to pay better."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Vista Can Run Without Activation for a
Year @ Slashdot
- Exec Confirms Google Phone @ Slashdot
- Ballmer Says Google's Growth Is 'Insane' @
- The Visual History of Ubuntu @ Phoronix
- HEXUS.net @ CeBIT 2007
- ... and HEXUS.Tv too
- 2007 PMA Wrap-Up @ Digital Trends
- 12 Ways to Boycott the RIAA @ Digital
- CeBIT Hannover 2007
(Part 1) @ HardwareZone
- Microsoft's Discovery of MP3's Dynamic Origins @ PC
- Portable Apps Suite @ PC Mechanic
- 5 Efficiency Tips For Microsoft Outlook @ PC
- Razer Contest @ Techgage
- Giving Away SLI Set of 8800GTS 320MB @