A new computer meme
Subject: General Tech | July 23, 2007 - 03:51 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
We saw a bit of this type of behaviour last week, spurned on by a certain German hurler, and it has spawned a popular new way to interface with your PC. BCCHardware had some fun working over a few old systems they had lying around, and a BBQ too. Check out the video on their site.
Shoot 'em up indeed.
"We took a little break from the regular run-of-the-mill hardware reviews and had a little shootout on the weekend.
We put a IBM Duron 650 up against a custom-built Pentium 4 machine and threw a couple of lower-end machine in for
good measure. Every machine used booted into Windows but was plagued with hardware problems such as leaky
capacitors, bad drives, chipped CPU cores.
Whatever, you're thinking - you should still check out the video. A good time was had by all, and we wrapped up with
a BBQ and some Wii Sports."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Next version of Windows: Call it 7 @ CNET
- Security Flaw Found That Allows
Control of iPhone @ Slashdot
- Password Vulnerability In
Firefox 188.8.131.52 @ Slashdot
- Back to School Tech Gift Guide @
- VIA promise processing without the power (usage)
Future of Elections: Open Source Voting @ OSWeekly
Sorry State of Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) in Linux @ OSWeekly
- Apple: At the Mercy of Record Labels @ CoolTechZone
- Microsoft Distributes Ubuntu: Shock! @
- Ubuntu Live 2007 Day 1 @ Phoronix
- E3 2007 Major Events Recap @
- Quality Control in Tech
Today @ HCW
- takeMS MEM-Drive 1Gb Firewall and 4Gb
Mini Hi-speed USB Drives @ Tekbunker
- Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 3 @
- Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon Tribe 3 @
- Ultra Products Grid ATX Mid-Tower Case
Giveaway! @ MVKTech
- OC3D Competition - "Three for All"