nVIDIA versus ATI on Vista
Subject: General Tech | September 13, 2006 - 12:01 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Legit Reviews gets to the bottom of the beta drivers for Vista. They find out how well the 2 main companies graphics cards perform when gaming, and find out if it is even worth upgrading from Windows XP, as far as gaming is concerned.
"All of the games that we tried playing, over 12 titles in all, were retail games that we purchased with the most recent patches. In case
you are wondering about pirated versions working on Vista we don't know because ours were legit. The purpose of this article was to see how
the drivers from ATI and NVIDIA are doing and they are coming along. Neither are what we would call shipping-caliber as both companies lack
a ton of features. The NVIDIA drivers don't offer overclocking, GPU temperature monitoring, SLI graphics and many other features that I
would call required. I'm a gamer and if my games play ~20-30% faster on XP Professional then you wont see me switch operating systems till
the DirectX 10 titles come rolling out."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Test Drive Unlimited Trailer #3 @
- Kameo (Xbox 360) @ Rbconsoles
- The Ship (PC) game review @ DH
- Gothic 3 Video Walkthrough @ Strategy Informer
- Sam & Max Trailer @ Strategy Informer
- Madden 07 @ Techgage
- Sonic the Hedgehog Trailer #2 @
- Tekken 5 (PSP) @ Driver Heaven
- Civilization 4 : Warlords (PC) @ Driver Heaven
- Mymybox guitar hero rock controller (PS2) @ Driver
- FlatOut 2 (PC) @ Driver Heaven
- HL2 Episode 2 Gameplay Video #5 @ Techgage
Get notified when we go live!