A mech game for those who really like mech modification
Subject: General Tech | August 1, 2012 - 12:07 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, mech
If heatsink placement and weapon load balancing is up your alley then the pre-alpha of M.A.V. should be on your watch list. At heart it is a mech combat game but one built with micromanagers at heart as you can design your mechs from scratch, balancing weapons with recoil and heat to make the best mech you can imagine. Even better, you can alter your mech in-game to allow you to modify your mech to best met the current conditions on the map. Currently the game is far more about mech design than game play, which should hopefully change over time as the developer works on the game. There will be credits you can earn during a match to add better armament to your mech or to purchase defence and repair buildings. In the meantime you can download the demo and play with mech design, though perhaps you should not use Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN's mohawk of doom as your starting point.
"Do you enjoy meticulously tweaking the most microscopically tiny details of giant robots? If I cut you, will you bleed gears and heat sinks and perfectly balanced 47-ton rocket pods? Then perhaps M.A.V. – a customization-centric game of mechanized madness from one-man show Bombdog Studios – will strike your fancy. Its creator notes that he’s worked on both Borderlands games and cites Armored Core and the tragically under-appreciated Chromehounds as longtime favorites. Unsurprisingly, the current (read: pre-alpha) result wears its influences on its semi-cel-shaded sleeve."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Warning: Big Security Risk In Some Ubisoft PC Games @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- DiRT Showdown Review - Destruction Derby Meets DiRT @ Techgage
- Guns of Icarus Online PC Review @ eTeknix
- Orcs Must Die! 2 (PC) Review @ Techgage
- Orcs Must Die 2 (PC) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Great Scott – Gearbox Talk Aliens: Colonial Marines @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Minecraft Updates To 1.3 With Adventure Mode, Trading @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Inversion (PS3) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
Get notified when we go live!