You will be Miserable if you miss this S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod
Subject: General Tech | July 10, 2013 - 03:18 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: stalker, mod, gaming, call of pripyat
Back in the ancient days of 2009 a group of developers decided to release what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was supposed to be, a game called Oblivion Lost with vehicles to drive, significantly more Sci-Fi elements and much less movement restrictions. While the Misery 2.0 mod for Call of Pripyat will not be quite that different it will completely refresh the S.T.A.L.K.E.R sequel by bringing together a large amount of mods and some of their own secret sauce into a re-imagined world. Not all will directly effect gameplay, one of the best things about these two games is the dark creepy atmosphere, which the mod should enhance. The trailer, shameless lifted from Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN, also highlights the new ability to harvest and sell or cook mutant meat.
"I decided I wanted to pretty up the original game: I wanted pitch black nights, livelier fauna, blowouts, lovely skies, and more interesting weather. Unfortunately I’d forgotten I’d already modded it, so I ended up with a broken mutant of a game. I’m reinstalling now. It wasn’t at total waste: on my hunt for the Shadow Of Chernobyl mods I discovered that the long-awaited Misery 2.0 for Call Of Pripyat is out this month. And it has a trailer."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Vast majority of gamers prefers 120 Hz monitors @ Hardware.info
- Where’s the Challenge: Have MMOs Become Too Easy? @ Techgage
- Grand Theft Auto V first gameplay video is published @ HEXUS
- Sega Sue THQ For A Million Bucks, Which Seems Odd @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Die Shard: First Footage Of Shroud Of The Avatar @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Pwhoarrery: Elite: Dangerous’s Map View @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Gloria Victis Is A Highly Ambitious Low Fantasy MMO @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Killzone: Shadow Fall for PS4 @ The Inquirer
- The Last of Us - PlayStation 3 @ eTeknix
- Journey: Collectors Edition PlayStation 3 @ eTeknix
Get notified when we go live!