You unspeakable cad! How dare you upset those sensitve marketing types
Subject: General Tech | May 28, 2014 - 02:14 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: idiots, data privacy
How dare you choose not to use all of those wonderful tools marketers provide you with to share your thoughts and have your purchases and opinions added to their databases so that they can provide you with personalized ads! If you just email or heavens forbid, share your opinions face to face, you are part of Dark Social and are undermining the social media establishment dominated by Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google. How can you chose to not let your life be dictated by social media but instead share your thoughts off the grid? Follow the link at The Register to read about this brand new threat to advertisers that involves the use of email and interpersonal relationships instead of easily trackable social media tools. The next time you want to go on a date you had better Instagram your outfit choice and crowd source your plans for the evening or else you are a part of the problem!
"If you're old enough, you'll remember that if you wanted to tell a friend – or a group of friends – about an interesting link, you'd e-mail them either the whole text or a link to it. Congratulations: courtesy of the reptiles of marketing, you're now lumped into a nasty bunch of users called “dark social”."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The TR Podcast 155: Surface Pro 3 and a trio of gaming mice
- Radxa: The $100 Quad-Core ARM Raspberry Pi Alternative @ Linux.com
- Intel ropes in ARM chipmaker Rockchip for low-end Android tablet push @ The Inquirer
- 128-bit crypto scheme allegedly cracked in two hours @ The Register
- Four-pronged ARM-based Mac rumor channels Rasputin @ The Register
- SSD drives could triple in speed thanks to firmware @ The Inquirer
- Swiping your card at local greengrocers? Miscreants will swipe YOU in a minute @ The Register
- Windows XP fixes flaws for free if you turn PCs into CASH REGISTERS @ The Register
- Hackers hijack Find My iPhone to hold iOS and Mac users to ransom @ The Inquirer
- Liquid Image Ego 1080P WiFi Xtreme Sport Camera @ NikKTech
- D-Link DCS-825L HD Wi-Fi Baby Camera Review @ TechwareLabs
Get notified when we go live!