You didn't really need that file, did you?
Subject: General Tech | November 21, 2011 - 12:08 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: pebkac, oops, backup
Files occasionally go to silicon heaven, no matter how careful you are a mistaken keystroke or hard drive failure or even children both small and large will eventually send your precious data off to where calculators go when they die. If you've made the move to an SSD, you should really pay attention as the mean time before failure on flash is very different than for platter based drives. Techware Labs offers you some of the best basic preventative measures, many of which will be familiar even if you haven't got around to doing it yet. As well they take you through several inexpensive ways to back up your data externally for those who would really like to ensure their data is safe from gremlins, viruses and the ever lurking PEBKAC.
"If data loss is not on your radar right now it should be. We show you why data loss is 100% avoidable and what free and low cost options you have to ensure the safety of your critical files. TechwareLabs covers everything from online options to physical hardware to backup and protect your data."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Areal, laser-based 3D display @ Hack a Day
- To Hell with the Cloud. Build your own Today @ Tweaktown
- Cn the iPhone 4S replace a "real" digital camera? Ars investigates
- Tokyoflash Kisai Seven Limited Edition Watch Review @ Madshrimps
- Cyberlink Power Director 10 Review @Hi Tech Legion
- GraVT Professional Photographer System Giveaway @ Legit Reviews
- Black Friday deals and Contest Giveaways @ Hack a Day
Get notified when we go live!