You can go Homeworld again; Gearbox has some great news
Subject: General Tech | March 19, 2014 - 04:15 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Homeworld, Homeworld 2, kick ass, Homeworld Remastered, gearbox
If you never had the chance to play Homeworld and Homeworld 2 then there is some good news you should hear; if you did play them then the news is even better! Gearbox is not just re-releasing the two games they have redone the cinematics, models, textures and effects, plus support for up to 4K resolution. The news at Rock, Paper SHOTGUN makes it sound like some content from mods might be included as well as revamped multiplayer. Maybe they will up the quality to the point where some later levels chug just as hard as they did when you first sat down in front of your mothership.
"We learned last year that Gearbox were planning to re-release the enormously loved Homeworld games. Having plucked the license from the THQ jumble sale, apparently because their Chief Creative Officer Brian Martel has maximum love for the series, they made clear their intentions to release an HD version of the first two games. They’re upping their terminology now, from “HD” to “Remastered“."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Nostalgiablivion: Morrowind's First Quests In Skywind @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Frog Fractions 2′s Kickstarter Exists, Is Utterly Insane @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Boooooo! - The Witcher 3 Delayed To 2015 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Titanfall @ The Inquirer
- AMD Mantle & TrueAudio Patch for THIEF Tested @ Legit Reviews
- Sony announces Project Morpheus virtual reality headset @ Hexus