You call that a steering wheel SteelSeries?
Subject: General Tech | January 10, 2012 - 04:16 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: input, steering wheel, steelseries, Simraceway SRW-S1
One tends to think of a steering wheel as a fairly simplistic device, with perhaps a few controls on it that do not directly relate to steering a vehicle, but for the most part it simply allows you to steer. SteelSeries obviously thinks differently as you can see on their Simraceway SRW-S1 below. It seems to possess more buttons than a gamepad, with speakers and a camera built in and accelerometres to allow you to use it in mid air. Legit Reviews had fun reviewing the wheel and driving around tracks and their shoulders are much broader after a few hours of gameplay as well.
"I have a been a real-world racing fan for all of my life, growing up in earshot distance from a famous dirt racetrack in Southern California. I’ve always enjoyed NASCAR and more recently have come to love Formula 1 and World Rally Championships so when SteelSeries announced a new peripheral – their first ever racing wheel – I was more than a little skeptical. A racing controller without pedals for less than $120?!? What does SteelSeries, a manufacturer who is best known for headsets and professional mice know about racing? At this point I was thinking that a good comparison for the SRW-S1 might be my kid’s Mario Kart Wii wheel..."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- SteelSeries Simraceway SRW-S1 Wheel @ Benchmark Reviews
- Enermax Briskie Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo @ Tweaktown
- Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming keyboard @ Rbmods
- Tt eSPORTS MEKA G1 Keyboard Review @ TechwareLabs
- Enermax Aurora Keyboard @ OC3D
- XFX WarPad Gaming Mousepad Review @ Hardware Canucks
- SteelSeries Diablo III Mouse @ Kitguru
- SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Pro Edition Gaming Mouse Review @ HardwareHeaven
Get notified when we go live!