World War 2 gaming, Version 429, with a twist
Subject: General Tech | October 4, 2006 - 03:21 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The twist being that Company of Heroes is a RTS, not a FPS. From the awesome sounds of mortar fire and the soldiers reactions to it, to the rag doll physics and fully destructable terrain thanks to the Havok engine, you have to agree with Gaming Illustrated ... this game has serious potential.
Company of Heroes has quickly become the game of choice here at Gaming Illustrated. We're fighting each other (Axis vs Allies) on the LAN
constantly, playing it online, and some of us have jeopardized our marriages to play long into the night to "just finish the next mission"
because it's so addicting."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Rappelz Open Beta Client @ Strategy Informer
- Combat Wings: Battle of Britain
Demo @ Strategy Informer
- Test Drive Unlimited (XBOX 360) review @
- Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy @ Gamepyre
- Flight Simulator X - Final Demo @ Strategy
- Saint's Row review @ Boost Mobile Gaming
- Ninety Nine Nights For XBOX 360 @ Futurelooks
- The Mark Trailer Pack @ Strategy Informer
- The Godfather @ Strategy Informer
- Saints Row Xbox 360 Review @ ThinkGaming
- Championship Manager 2007 @
- Pizza Panic Demo @ Strategy Informer
- Final Fantasy XII Gameplay Trailer @
- Arvoch Conflict Demo @ Strategy Informer
- FFVII : The dirge of Cerberus (PS2) review @ DH
- Urban Chaos: Riot Response for Playstation 2 @
- DEFCON Demo @ Strategy Informer
Get notified when we go live!