Windows 7 is so mainstream, 8 is so much cooler
Subject: General Tech | April 29, 2011 - 11:27 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: windows 8, win8, OS, arm
Successfully selling an OS seems to have spurred Microsoft into a frenzy of action, far from the massive denial and self abuse they indulged in after the launch of that flounder known as
ME Vista. We are already seeing leaded builds of Windows 8, which are festooned with more ARMs and Ribbons than that Royal Wedding last night. Thanks to these leaks, and a list compiled by Maximum PC, you can see the 7 things we know about 8.
"Pre-release versions of Windows 8 have leaked to the web. Here’s what they tell us about the upcoming OS
Recently leaked builds show that Windows 8 will be a very different OS from its forebears, from the kernel to the cloud. ARM processor support, mobile-device optimization, and system-wide menu tweaks abound. There are still a lot of things we don't know about the next OS from Microsoft, but the number of things we can say for sure is growing. Read on for our list of 7 things we know about Windows 8!"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- An In-Depth Look at Ubuntu 11.04 @ Techgage
- Apple starts selling the white iPhone 4 @ t-break
- Shipments of iPad-like tablets to be affected by component shortages @ DigiTimes
- Google Adds Speech To Newly Stable Chrome 11, Pays Big Bounty @ Slashdot
- Open-Source AMD Fusion Graphics Still Mixed @ Phoronix
- Mushkin Interview and Tour 2011 @ OCC
- Give my Dustbuster a dial, please @ The Tech Report
Get notified when we go live!