What is your favourite summer rodent?

Subject: General Tech | August 26, 2014 - 05:22 PM |
Tagged: usb, peripherals, input, gaming mouse, gaming keyboard, controller

The Tech Report delves into their favourite peripherals available on the market in this article, covering displays, keyboards, mice and all the other goodies you can attach to your PC.  The brand new G-SYNC 1440p monitor from ASUS of course makes an appearance but there is much more covered than just your display.  A half dozen wired keyboards and three wireless ones made the grade along with a similar number of mice and even controllers are ranked to give you an informed choice about the current market.  They even delve into external audio and storage options so if you have a few unused USB ports head on over and see if you can't find something to fill them

"In this second edition of the peripheral staff picks, we've reworked the display section with the latest 4K and G-Sync monitors in mind. We've also updated the other sections to account for price fluctuations, changes in product availability, and findings from our latest round of reviews. The result should be, we hope, a more informative and up-to-date resource for your back-to-school shopping needs."

Here is some more Tech News from around the web:

Tech Talk

August 26, 2014 | 09:42 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

There is no 4k gsync monitor from ASUS.

August 27, 2014 | 12:54 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

sorry, 1440p.  getting my numbers crossed

August 27, 2014 | 12:18 AM - Posted by Mad_Dane

MX 518

August 27, 2014 | 12:32 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I've had a love/hate relationship with the Rat 7 mouse.

I loved the ergonomics. One of the most comfortable mice I've ever used.

I hated it's VERY spotty tracking, thus defeating the purpose so using it for gaming.

August 27, 2014 | 01:37 AM - Posted by Penteract (not verified)

I feel the same way.

I installed their little optimization app (which you have to find by looking through the support knowledge base) and as long as I keep it and my mousing surface absolutely clean, including blowing out the little sensor pocket with a dust remover spray, it tracks very well - except when I pick it up to reposition it. Then it can go haywire and my view spins and no telling where I'll be facing when I put it back down. Far worse than any other mouse I've used.

I've been using it, I want to get my money's worth out of it, and it performs well and feels great otherwise, but frankly I'm getting really tired of it's horrendous lift-off problem. Not sure what to get next, seems to be lots of good choices these days. Maybe a Corsair to match my K95 keyboard. :)

August 27, 2014 | 08:56 AM - Posted by BBMan (not verified)

...