What does it take to be a Warfighter
Subject: General Tech | October 31, 2012 - 05:12 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, medal of honor, warfighter
Warfighter uses DICE's Frostbite 2 engine, the same as BF3, and on the PC they recommend having a 3GHz quad-core processor and at least a GTX 560 or HD 6950 to play. TechSpot tried out 29 graphics cards paired with a Core i7-3960X to see if this is true as well as if the top end cards can handle Ultra quality settings. At the moment it is the AMD cards which top their charts, though only by a slim margin, which could change as the game receives updates along with the graphics drivers. Even though this game has been released on numerous platforms it seems that MoH remembered its roots and delivered a much better experience to PC gamers.
"Medal of Honor: Warfighter calls for no less than a 3GHz quad-core processor paired with a GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950. Given those upper-end requirements, we expect the title to be fairly demanding with its visuals maxed out, and we'll be putting a ton of past and present-gen cards through their paces.
It's worth noting that unlike 2010's Medal of Honor which used separate engines for single player and multiplayer, Warfighter uses DICE's Frostbite 2 engine -- the same software that powers Battlefield 3.
We'll be testing 29 DirectX 11 graphics card configurations from AMD and Nvidia across all price ranges with their respective latest beta drivers that claim to improve performance."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Dead Linger Has A Playable Alpha @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Hotline Miami PC Review @ eTeknix
- Football Manager 2013 (PC) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter PC @ Tweaktown
- Afraid Of The Light? Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Trailer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Top 5 Classic PC Games @Hi Tech Legion
- Top 5 Games that Need to be Revived @Hi Tech Legion
- Assassin's Creed III (XBOX 360) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Dead or Alive 5 (PS3) @ Kitguru
- James Bond: 007 Legends (XBOX 360) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven