Western Digital retains number 2 status
Subject: General Tech | April 30, 2012 - 01:01 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: western digital, sales
With the horrible flooding in Thailand that destroyed Western Digital's ability to produce hard drives many were concerned about their profits for the beginning of this year. While they did not surpass Seagate for the number one spot, they have recovered after a poor first quarter. As you can see in the graph their total sales dropped far more than their net profit, in part thanks to a few weeks of profits from their newly purchased Hitachi GST component. Read all the big numbers at The Register.
"Western Digital, the world's number two hard drive vendor, is bouncing back after Thai floods wiped out disk assembly lines - but not quite enough to grab Seagate's crown."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- A Special Linux Delivery At Valve Software @ Phoronix
- Silicene Discovered: Single-layer Silicon That Could Beat Graphene To Market @ Slashdot
- MIT boffins play BUILDING-SIZED Tetris @ The Register
- Inside the Magnavox Odyssey2 @ Hardware Secrets
- Hands On With Google Drive @ TechReviewSource
- Guru3D Rig of the Month - April 2012
Get notified when we go live!