Want an new OS for your mobe? Try Ubuntu Touch ... soon
Subject: General Tech | June 11, 2013 - 03:19 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ubuntu touch
At Slashdot you can see some a preview of Ubuntu Touch, the new version of the OS meant to be used on cellphones and tablets. Following the link will take you to a slideshow that displays some of the screens and dialogue boxes to expect from the new mobile OS, which will include a terminal program as you can see below. Unfortunately there is little in the way of information as to what hardware will support this new mobile OS, but hey it's Linux and half the fun is getting it to run on hardware that it has never run on before!
"The first developer preview of Ubuntu Touch – aka 'Ubuntu for Phones and Tablets' – was unveiled just a few short months ago. And, just a few weeks back, it was announced that the team was shooting for having a fully functional (aka "can use it as your actual phone, on a daily basis") version by the end of May. May is now over, so Bryan Lunduke published some screenshots and analysis of the core features of the Ubuntu OS for smartphones and tablets."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- 2013 MacBook Air: PCIe SSD and Haswell ULT Inside @ AnandTech
- Xbox One vs PS4 specs comparison @ The Inquirer
- iOS 7 specs and features: Everything you need to know @ The Inquirer
- US$99 7-inch tablets may appear in 3Q13 @ DigiTimes
- Windows NT grandaddy OpenVMS taken out back, single gunshot heard @ The Register
- Chance to win bequiet! Pure Power L8 power supplies @ Kitguru
Get notified when we go live!