Visiting Global Foundries Fab 8
Subject: General Tech | April 20, 2011 - 12:09 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: video, global foundries, foundry, fab 8
[H]ard|OCP were gifted with a chance to visit Global Foundries Fab 8 facility which is being built in central New York state. [H] took along a video camera to let you see some of the facilities as they stand now. Not only is this impressive because of the size of the Fab, it is also one of the biggest construction jobs, period.
"GLOBALFOUNDRIES was kind enough to let HardOCP into its new Fab 8 facility in Malta, New York. While far from finished, this 28/20nm plant will be ramping to full production in 2012. Check out the video to understand the sheer scale of the largest construction project currently underway in the United States."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Apple Logging Locations of All iPhone Users @ Slashdot
- Near-Bulletproof Qubes OS Goes Beta @ ExtremeTech
- Chrome and Firefox were lucky to escape Pwn2own hackers @ The Inquirer
- Intel to release Z68 chipsets in first half of May @ DigiTimes
- Why the PlayBook launch didn't turn out as RIM would have liked. @ t-break
- Critical Design Flaw Found in WD Caviar Green HDDs @ NGOHQ