A Vincent shooter, non-RPG Squaresoft game
Subject: General Tech | September 22, 2006 - 09:11 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
On the one hand, you are playing Vincent, with all his guns. On the other hand, it's a non-RPG from SquareSoft, who have a dodgy history when they try to break away from that. Then you read the article at Ars Technica and find out there is an entire level where you are forced to play as Cait Sith.
"There has been something of a backlash against Final Fantasy VII in the past few years, and to be fair, the game doesn't hold up these days
as well as some other past RPGs have. I'd much rather play Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy III (the North American FFIII, so don't correct
my numbering in comments please) on the SNES than replay Final Fantasy VII. The graphics feel very dated to me, while the more hand-drawn
look of the Square SNES RPGs stays impressive. That being said, I have a lot of love for Final Fantasy VII, especially when I look at it
through the eyes I first saw it with in 1997. We cried when Aeris died, we freaked out when Cloud went insane, and we cheered when Sephiroth
received his final ass beating."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Perimeter: Emperor's Testament @
- Lost Planet TGS 2006 Trailer @ Strategy
- Guild Wars Nightfall Trailer #2 @
- Ship Simulator 2006 Updated @ Strategy
- Coffee Tycoon Review @ Strategy Informer
- Nascar 07 (Xbox) @ Techgage
- Interview with "The Rock": Spy Hunter @ Digital
- Dead Rising @ Gaming Illustrated
- Yakuza - PS2 @ HEXUS
- Warhammer 40K : Dawn of War - Dark Crusade due in October
- Overlord - Xbox 360 & PC @ HEXUS
Get notified when we go live!