Tune in next week for the exiting continuation of ...
Subject: General Tech | June 9, 2006 - 12:16 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Steam has revived an old radio show and T.V. technique, episodic content. With Episode One finally available over Steam, Elite Bastards ran through it so that they can tell you all about it. Read on to find out if they will revive another old technique, the cliff-hanger.
"It is thankful therefore, that the advent of their Steam distribution system has helped to persuade Valve to move away from producing major new games every half dozen years or so, and rather to make use of their existing (and ever improving Source engine) to work on episodic content, which can be released as small chunks of gameplay (typically five or six hours or so) as and when it is ready."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Half-Life 2 Episode 2 Teaser 1 @ Bjorn3D
- Half-Life 2: Episode 1 Review @ WhoDigs
- Battlefield 2142 Captures (76) @ Cutting the Edge Network
- 81 High Res. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Video Captures @ Cutting the Edge Network
- New Super Mario Bros. @ Ars Technica
- Oblivion Tips & Tricks from the Developers @ OCModShop
- WoW Report: Fun in Ironforge @ ThinkGaming.org
- The Future of Gaming: Paper, Plastic and Cardboard? @ ExtremeTech
- Great Games for Cheap Bastards! @ OCModShop
Get notified when we go live!