Trying to tempt people onto The Elder Scrolls Online beta

Subject: General Tech | December 4, 2013 - 02:30 PM |
Tagged: mmorpg, gaming, elder scrolls online

Long time fans of The Elder Scrolls series have not been jumping on the online version in great numbers, partly due to the changes that were made to the game to make it an MMORPG but also because that particular market is rather saturated.  Over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN is a short video intended to offer an enticing look at the skills that you can develop over time.  They are much more in depth than the constellation of skills available in offline TES games and can be gained in more ways that just levelling up.  As well they can be tweaked and modified in such a way as to make your character much more personalized, take a peek and see if it convinces you to give the game a try.

"When I was little, I wanted to grow up to be a fireman and an astronaut and a cowboy and a monster truck and Batman and a shoe and a barn and a machine that could produce infinite popsicles and the head of a moderately successful middle management firm. Eventually, however, I realized that I’d have to settle on just one thing, so I decided that I hated money and became a games journo."

Here is some more Tech News from around the web:

Gaming

December 4, 2013 | 03:39 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I was willing to give a try but I got the email, the code, made an account (almost 2 weeks ago) and says the beta is not currently available. Is it back up?

December 4, 2013 | 05:48 PM - Posted by praack

did the beta, got bored in the first intro dungeon. sorry did not feel like elder scrolls. very pretty, very responsive, but something was missing

December 4, 2013 | 06:20 PM - Posted by Andrew (not verified)

Their subscription model is was has turned me off ESO. If they had gone with F2P I might of tried it out. With all the great F2P games out there, I'm just not interested in committing to a subscription.

December 4, 2013 | 09:58 PM - Posted by MarkT (not verified)

Wasnt fun, period.

December 5, 2013 | 04:09 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

So disappointed by ESO, i did the beta two weeks ago for the weekend, terrible unresponsive combat, First person combat added nothing, awful dated graphics, if you played any mmo from DAOC to EQ 1 & 2 then you have played this game. Unintelligent, uncreative, simply put its boring.

January 4, 2014 | 08:42 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

So boring comments, ure all stupid too. Elder scrolls is a little about exploring and dungeon raiding but mostly about the pvp. Tryed the PVP? The pvp is worth twice the price of the subscrision evry moth,