Took you long enough! EVGA finally shows off the dual socket SR-X
Subject: General Tech, Shows and Expos | January 12, 2012 - 12:11 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: SR-X, lga2011, evga, CES
EVGA's dual LGA 1366 SR-2 motherboard has been on the HWLB Extreme System for a while now, even as the Dream system continued to change since there has not been a new high performance dual socket motherboard ... until now. The EVGA SR-X should be replacing the board soon, paired with some LGA2011 Xeon processors. It will not be the Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E CPU however, even though they are essentially trimmed down Xeons they are not designed to work in tandem. Strangely the memory is not balanced between the two sockets, with 4 DIMM slots near one socket and 8 near the other, though space is tight on the board as there are also 7 PCIe 16x slots. Check out the pictures of this board and other EVGA displays at Legit Reviews.
"It doesn't seem all that long ago that we were able to get our hands on the EVGA Classified SR-2 motherboard. It featured dual Intel LGA1366 sockets and support for Intel Xeon processors. During our meeting with EVGA this morning, the revealed the successor to the SR-2, the SR-X! The EVGA SR-X is a dual socket LGA2011 motherboard once again for Xeon processors. If you're hoping to use your Intel Sandy Bridge-E processor, unfortunately it won't work with a pair of them due the single QPI design of the Sandy Bridge-E processors."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- CES 2012: Razer 'Project Fiona' Gaming Tablet and Blade Gaming Laptop @ Legit Reviews
- CES 2012 Coverage @ Hardware Secrets
- ES 2012: Belkin Rebranding & In-Win Cases @ Benchmark Reviews
- CES 2012 in Pictures: Part 1 @ Techspot
- Imagination releases new graphics cores @ SemiAccurate
- Kodak Hero 9.1 Review @ TechReviewSource
- DIY virtual machines: Rigging up at home @ The Register
- VIA, SiS achieve results from non-PC industry @ DigiTimes
- Real World Labs And RaidSonic Joint Contest