Third time is the charm for the Surface Pro?
Subject: General Tech | May 20, 2014 - 01:36 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: microsoft, Surface Pro 3
Microsoft is continuing it's so far ill advised attempt at selling hardware with the release of the Surface Pro 3. The Pro version continues to run Win8.1 and so should not encounter the compatibility issues that the Surface RT presented but at an MSRP of $800 it is nowhere near as inexpensive either. The 800g tablet is powered by a Haswell Core i7 processor and the 12" 2160x1440 display sports a 3:2 aspect ratio which Microsoft points out offers 6% more viewable content. It is also fairly tough as it was dropped from about waist height in the demo without suffering any damage. The other nice feature is the optional docking station which allows you to plug in peripherals and use the Surface as a display, or use the docking port to output to a 4K display. Check out more about the Surface Pro 3 and it's "full-friction" multi-position hinge at The Tech Report.
"Microsoft has just spilled the beans on its Surface Pro 3 tablet, and the details are really quite interesting. The company has taken a fresh approach to the Surface Pro this time around, with a stated goal of "removing the conflict" between the tablet and laptop form factors."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- China says an emphatic 'no' to Windows 8 as it looks to Linux instead @ The Inquirer
- Intel primes market for silicon photonics to lift data centre interconnect speeds @ The Inquirer
- Microsoft outs Surface Pro 3 with 12in HD screen, Core i7 and Windows 8.1 @ The Inquirer
- IBM accidentally invents new class of polymers @ The Register
- AMD said to acquire SATA Express IP from ASMedia for next-generation platform @ DigiTimes
- 4 Excellent Alternative Graphical Linux File Managers @ Linux.com
- Hey, who wants a 40TB all-flash Pure box? I dunno, you got $160k? @ The Register
- Intel to achieve 80% of 2014 tablet AP shipment goal @ DigiTimes
- Free Software Foundation slams Mozilla's decision to adopt Adobe DRM @ The Inquirer
- Real, hovering SPEEDER BIKE can be YOURS for cheaper than a house @ The Inquirer
- Compro TN4230 Outdoor PoE IP Camera @ eTeknix
- Arc Attack Shows Off Tesla Backpack which is Certainly Not a Weapon @ Hack a Day