Thinking about the Steam Machine
Subject: General Tech | September 30, 2013 - 02:37 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: steam, SteamOS
The Tech Report got to thinking about the future of the Steam Machine and how likely it is to be more like a line of PCs than a single console. While some are currently awaiting a response to their request to participate in the beta, TR is already looking to the future of the Steam Box. With the open source SteamOS and Steam's vast knowledge of the hardware people use in their gaming machines TR envisions a line of Steam Machines from a lower end model for light gaming on a TV all the way up to high end versions that will sport the latest and greatest hardware. Can Valve be as successful at selling pre-built machines as it is at selling hats?
"In his latest blog post, TR's Geoff Gasior gets all worked up about Valve's upcoming Steam machines and explains why they're another example of the company playing to the strengths of the PC."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- How To Build Your Virtualized Datacenter Using Open Source, Linux, KVM and Xen, Part 1 @ Linux.com
- SIM card hacker: Bug is either 'a backdoor, gross negligence, or both' @ The Register
- Intel delays consumer TV box yet again – report @ The Register
- Hacking a flatbed scanner to scan very large documents @ Hack a Day
- Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch @ The Inqurier
- How LucasArts Fell Apart @ Slashdot
- Google turns 15 and updates its search algorithm with Hummingbird @ The Inquirer
- Apple: Now that you've updated to iOS 7... YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK @ The Register
- (Getting Out from) Under the Surface @ Techgage
- Nokia Lumia 1020 41 Megapixel Camera Phone Review @ Legit Reviews
- PC sales shrank less than expected during back-to-school 2013 @ The Register
Get notified when we go live!