They really are full of magic smoke though
Subject: General Tech | May 27, 2008 - 07:38 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
There are a lot of myths about hard drives that many have come to believe are facts. Have you ever heard someone say that to use a hard drive vertically, you have to format it in the vertical position? Those are just some of the myths that TechARP busts in their new article.
"To be honest, many articles have covered these topics. It would have been easy for someone to do a quick search online before
imparting their opinions to newbies. Unfortunately, it became apparent to us that some folks just prefer to trust their innate
instincts over logic and knowledge. As such, these hard drive urban legends have remained more popular than the simple truth.
So, let's get down to basics and examine some of these common fallacies or myths and debunk them!"
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- MemoRight GT Series 32GB SSDs in RAID 0 @ Tweaktown
- Vizo Luxon Advanced ED Hard Drive
Enclosure @ Tech-Reviews.co.uk
- Western Digital My Passport Elite 320 GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive @ Futurelooks
- Lexar JumpDrive Lightning @
- Silverstone MS05 Portable 2.5" HDD
Enclosure @ techPowerUp
- Western Digital 750 GB Caviar SE16 Serial ATA
Hard Drive @ TechARP