That's not a bug, and thanks for the cake
Subject: General Tech | October 26, 2006 - 08:54 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Mozilla has informed CNET that the 2 issues identified are non-issues. One has already been patched, and the second didn't include enough code for any exploit to be found.
and according to Slashdot, the IE7 team sent Firefox a cake.
"Bug hunters appear to be in a race to uncover new security flaws in both Firefox 2 and Internet Explorer 7, which Microsoft released last
week. Word of what appears to be the first publicly disclosed IE 7 vulnerability came Wednesday.
At least two bug reports that indicated they affected the new Firefox release crossed over popular security mailing lists this week. But
Mozilla on Wednesday downplayed those claims.
"I would call it just noise," said Window Snyder, Mozilla's security chief. The two issues don't present any real risk to Firefox users, she
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Killer NIC--The Gaming Network Accelerator Card @
- How to steal an election by hacking the vote @ Ars
- Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences Interview @
- Is Technology Really Making Life Easier? @ The TechZone
- Guide to Processes @ PC Mechanic
- More on DIY Websites @ PC Mechanic
- Writing a Digital Word @ PC Mechanic
- Stupid, Stupid, Stupid... @ PC Mechanic
- Inkscape @ PC Mechanic
- Ecommerce Tips for Beginners @ OCModShop
- Microsoft Backs out of
Piracy Interview @ Bootdaily
- AMD-ATI Fusion Shmusion @ HEXUS
- EA Opens development Studio in Chicago @ Strategy
- Icemat Siberia In:Ear Headset Giveaway!! @
Get notified when we go live!