Testing Adata's DashDrive Durable is more fun than just benchmarking
Subject: General Tech | September 18, 2013 - 06:45 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: adata, DashDrive Durable HD710, ruggedized
While they couldn't get their hands on an APC like one site did, The Tech Report did their best to test the resilience of the Adata DashDrive Durable HD710. They tested both the water resistance as well as its ability to absorb shocks by dropping the drive onto both laminate flooring and a nice refreshing drink of water. The bath was quite effective at washing off the crud it accumulated on the floor but there were no problems using the drive even after it had been abused. Even better, it performed quite well, especially on single threaded file transfers. You can see the whole review here.
"Adata's DashDrive Durable HD710 puts a terabyte of storage inside a shock-resistant, waterproof enclosure with a USB 3.0 port. We take a closer look to see if it can survive everyday abuse."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- WD My Passport Slim 1TB Portable Hard Drive Review @ Techgage
- WD My Passport Slim 1TB Portable Hard Drive Review @ Legit Reviews
- HGST Touro Desk Pro 4TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive @ NikKTech
- Western Digital RED WD30EFRX 3TB SATA III HDD @ NikKTech
- Asustor AS-302T @ techPowerUp
- Synology DS1813+ / NAS with SSD Caching @ Legion Hardware
- SuperTalent USB 3.0 Express Dram Disk @ SSD Review
- Micron P420m 1.4TB PCIe SSD @ SSD Review
- LSI 9300-4i4e SAS PCIe 12Gb/s HBA Card @ Benchmark Reviews
- KingSpec MultiCore 1TB Driverless PCIE SSD @ SSD Review
- Mushkin Scorpion Deluxe PCIe SSD @ SSD Review
- Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD Review @ OCIA.net
- Silicon Power S55 Slim SATA III 240GB SSD Review @ Madshrimps
- Samsung SSD 840 Evo Review: 250GB & 1TB Drives Tested @ TechSpot
- Toshiba THNSNH Solid State Drive Review: Dark Horse @ X-bit Labs
Get notified when we go live!