Super Ultra Secret code names revealed
Subject: General Tech | October 24, 2007 - 09:06 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Now we finally know the name of what we are all waiting for, Toliman the 3 core processor. There aren't really much more details than that, but DigiTimes managed to at least let us know that.
You can also see how the new benchmarking suite from Futuremark works, and how well some of the newer hardware fares when tested in Ryan's review.
"Codenames and features of the tri-core CPUs AMD is planning to launch next year and in 2009 have been revealed by
sources at motherboard makers.
Toliman adopts a 65nm process, supports socket AM2+ motherboards, and supports HyperTransport 3.0. The CPUs will
have 2MB L3 cache and will be launched by the end of March 2008, according to the sources.
The next-generation, 45nm-based CPUs will adopt socket AM3, support HyperTransport 3.0 and DDR2/DDR3 memory, and
will launch in first half of 2009, noted the sources.
The motherboard makers pointed out that whether AMD's tri-core CPUs are successful in the market will depend on
their price/performance ratio compared quad-core and dual-core CPUs.
AMD declined the opportunity to respond to this report saying it cannot comment on unannounced products.
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The World's Best Gadgets, From HDTVs and
DVRs to Gaming PCs, MP3 Players and More ... @ Wired
- Free IMAP On Gmail @
- Mathematics rediscovers the scientific method @ The Inquirer
- Intel invents beer-proof laptop @ The Inquirer
- Lost in translation: hands-on with Google's new stats-based translator @ Ars
- Intel Beats AMD to Lead-Free Processors @
- Hate the Price of InkJet Cartidges? Try a Different Kind of Printer @ PCmech
- HP Smart
Office 2007 - Takin' Care of Business @ Hardware Zone
- Aperion Audio Intimus
422 Harmony Speakers Contest @ Digital Trends
- Win an OCZ Technology Prize
Pack @ Bigbruin
- October Giveaway @ Motherboards.org
Get notified when we go live!