Sound Blaster, eh? That name sort of rings a bell.
Subject: General Tech | April 23, 2013 - 06:02 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: audio, Creative, Sound Blaster ZxR
Ah the good old days of soundcards and assigning specific IRQs to specific PCI slots; don't you miss them? Onboard chipsets have come a long way from their roots, with full Dolby 5.1 sound and a minimal impact on CPU load available on almost every motherboard but there is still a market for soundcards, albeit a much reduced market. Creative have not been releasing a lot of new Sound Blaster models recently, at least until very recently. The Creative Sound Blaster ZxR is more than just a single card, you have a PCIe card as well as an optional daughterboard to provide optical out and a line in as well as a Audio Control Module which contains an array mic, volume control and both 3.5mm to 1/4″ inputs for a headset with microphone. Is it $250 better than onboard audio? Custom PC Review has the answers here.
"That being said, today we’ll be reviewing the Creative Sound Blaster ZxR, which is the flagship soundcard in the Sound Blaster Z series of soundcards. Now a couple months ago, we reviewed the Sound Blaster Z, which is a fantastic soundcard that offered a good balance between sound quality and price, but it’s merely the entry level soundcard in the Sound Blaster Z..."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- RHA MA450i Earphones Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- AZiO Levetron GH808 USB Gaming Headset @ Benchmark Reviews
- TteSports Shock & Shock One PC Gaming Headset @ eTeknix
- Steelseries Siberia V2 PC Headset Frost Blue Special Edition @ eTeknix
- AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones With Mic Review @ NikKTech
- Oblanc NC2-3 U.F.O Bluetooth Stereo Headphones Review @ NikKTech
- Plantronics Voyager Legend UC Bluetooth Headset Review @ NikKTech
- RHA SA950i On-ear Headphones @ techPowerUp
- Corsair Obsidian 900D review: taking it to the next level @ Hardware.info
- AZiO Levetron GH808 USB Gaming Headset @ Tweaktown
- How To Set Your Bluetooth Headset As The Default Audio Device @ TechARP
- HMDX Jam Portable Bluetooth Speaker @ Funky Kit