Rosewill's Cherrys, Antec's case and MSI's take on a tablet hybrid
Subject: General Tech, Shows and Expos | June 8, 2012 - 02:30 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: computex, computex 2012, msi, slider s20
We've seen a few hybrid tablet/notebooks, from the familiar ASUS Transformer to Acer's Iconia but MSI has one that really stands out. As you can see from the pictures that The Tech Report snapped, MSI's Slider S20 has a retractable keyboard instead of a detachable one which will likely add to the weight but could be more convenient than a keyboard dock especially as it also acts as a stand.
Antex is working on their P280 series, with a microATX version and a full sized version with an integral housing for a radiator on the top for those who want a tidy watercooling solution. If you more into CherryMX switches then it is the Rosewill pictures that will interest you as they showed off a few new models at their booth.
"For our third Computex digest, we have news about an MSI Windows 8 tablet with a slide-out keyboard, a new version of Antec's famous P280 enclosure, and upcoming Rosewill mechanical keyboard with configurable backlighting."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- BIWIN shows off SSD With New Controller, World First Interview @ TechwareLabs
- Computex 2012: AMD targets US$599-899 range for APU-based ultrathin notebooks @ DigiTimes
- Intel phone boss: 'Multi-core detrimental to Android mobes' @ The Register
- The problem with passwords @ The Inquirer
- HDD oligopoly to keep post-flood prices high till 2014 @ The Register
- Globalfoundries looking to beat UMC in 2012, eyeing top spot among foundries @ DigiTimes
- Thermaltake New Products at Computex 2012 @ TechwareLabs
- The md5crypt() author says the algorithm is no longer secure @ The Inquirer
- Apple iPad Mini Secret Pics Leaked and Revealed @ TechwareLabs
- Win an Asus GTX680 courtesy of ARIA and Kitguru!