Rock and Roll never dies
Subject: General Tech | February 21, 2007 - 03:14 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Join Digital Trends for a look back at some of the musicians and formats they grew up with and loved, and a serious problem that is infecting the musical universe. Compression kills dynamic range. In order to get music to listeners in what is essentially a LoFi format, one of the most powerful ways to evoke emotion is being removed. Ask your self when the last time you listened to an MP3 at a full 192bps.
"Good music requires an involved listener to appreciate it. Technologically and demographically driven changes in listening
habits have driven down the quality and intensity of listening. And good old music industry greed continues to drive talent out
of the music business. Celebrate the musicians who have made it, or at least made it onto the Internet, but weep for the ones
you'll never get a chance to hear "
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound
Card Review @ XYZ Computing
- Bose TriPort In-Ear Headphones Review @ CoolTechZone
- SteelSound 5H v2 Headphones @ Modders-Inc
- Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Review @ Digital
- Aliph Jawbone Bluetooth Headset @ Blue
- Speed-Link Medusa 5.1 Home Edition
(SL-8796) Headset Review @ Overclockersclub
- Titan 2.1 Traveling Speakers Review @
- Sennheiser RS130 Wireless Headphones @
Get notified when we go live!