Red Orchestra: A mod grows up and moves out
Subject: General Tech | September 8, 2006 - 11:45 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The Fragging Frogs spent a bit of time playing this mod for Unreal Tournament 2005. It is a very realistic game, you shoot using iron sights, not a magic crosshair, and there are a limited number of the various rifles, so not everyone can be a sniper or heavy gunner. It has now become it's own standalone game, and Gamehelper takes a look at how it has matured.
"The fact is, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is a WWII shooter built to please the history buffs and hard-core realism folks. With its vast
maps, realistic weapon behavior and sim-like vehicle combat it absolutely achieves that goal. Simply put, it's the most realistic WWII
combat to date, so if that's what you're looking for then you can do no better than Red Orchestra."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- LocoRoco [PSP] @ GameHelper
- Call of Duty 3 - Xbox 360 @ HEXUS
- Scarface : The World is Yours this October @ HEXUS
- 10,000 new slots for Battlefield 2142 @ HEXUS
- Parabellum Official Trailer @ Strategy
- Caesar IV Developer Diary @ Strategy Informer
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two Gameplay
Trailer 4 @ Strategy Informer
- Dreamlords Interview @ Strategy Informer
- City Life: PC @ GamePyre
- HL2 Episode 2 Gameplay Movie #4 @ Techgage
- Medieval 2: Total War Trailer @ Strategy
- DEFCON Preview @ Strategy Informer
- Painkiller: Hell Wars delivers promise of pain,
killing @ OCModShop
Get notified when we go live!