Podcast #271 - Hawell NUC, MSI X87 XPOWER Motherboard, the Steam Controller and more!

Subject: General Tech | October 3, 2013 - 02:32 PM |
Tagged: Z87 XPower, z87, video, steam os, Steam Controller, Steam Box, steam, podcast, nuc, msi, haswell

PC Perspective Podcast #271 - 10/03/2013

Join us this week as we discuss the Hawell NUC, MSI X87 XPOWER Motherboard, the Steam Controller and more!

You can subscribe to us through iTunes and you can still access it directly through the RSS page HERE.

The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!

• iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the iTunes Store
  • RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
  • MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file

Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath, Allyn Malventano, and Scott Michaud

Program length: 1:24:00
  1. Batman: Arkham Origins keys anyone??
  2. Week in Review:
  3. News items of interest:
  4. Hardware/Software Picks of the Week:
    1. Allyn: Dual Power eSATA USB 2.0 Power combo to 22Pin SATA cable (on eBay)
    2. Scott: Teksavvy Internet (Not USB Hubs)
  5. 1-888-38-PCPER or podcast@pcper.com
  6. Closing/outro

Fill out the Form Below to Enter for the Batman: Arkham Origins key!!!

October 3, 2013 | 03:04 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Hardware/Software Picks of the Week:
Ryan: EVGA Hardon Mini ITX Case

Though I can understand the typo and agree, it should be Hadron

October 3, 2013 | 03:26 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I love me some PerpetualLotionEngine.

October 3, 2013 | 03:40 PM - Posted by snowbound999

The Roku channel appears to be USA only.

October 3, 2013 | 09:38 PM - Posted by Alien0227

I too enjoy PcPer

October 3, 2013 | 03:59 PM - Posted by tridentboy (not verified)

The PerpetualLotionEngine is going to take off.

October 3, 2013 | 04:19 PM - Posted by ELDoGo

If Josh has something to do with this perpetual lotion engine and knowing how he is, i'm just going to sit over here by this corner away from Him ...lol :)

October 3, 2013 | 04:31 PM - Posted by Goofus Maximus (not verified)

Dagnabbit! Changing the word multiple times AFTER I put in the first variation! GRAWR!

Oh well, I can't play it on my tanned hide and stone tools PC...

October 4, 2013 | 04:39 PM - Posted by Jesse (not verified)

Haha, happened to me too. I sure hope they just accept perpetual...

October 3, 2013 | 04:49 PM - Posted by tHe-BiNk (not verified)

My PerpetualLotionEngine is getting cold. :-(

October 3, 2013 | 05:27 PM - Posted by Auriga (not verified)

perpetual lotion engines are the future of computers!

btw josh for president :)

October 4, 2013 | 03:49 AM - Posted by Funkatronis

not only of computers, but it is going to revolutionize the automotive industry.

October 3, 2013 | 05:28 PM - Posted by AMDbumlover (not verified)

As josh declares I am given life!

October 3, 2013 | 05:43 PM - Posted by Hunter (not verified)

Perpetual Motion Engine
Cute word ^_^

October 3, 2013 | 05:47 PM - Posted by mekia

PerpetualLotionEngine

Gonna be used for the new Dead or Alive :3

October 3, 2013 | 06:11 PM - Posted by Jeremy (not verified)

PerpetualLotionEngine

October 3, 2013 | 07:12 PM - Posted by NorkIam (not verified)

perpetual lotion machine,Perpetual Lotion Engine one of them

October 3, 2013 | 07:12 PM - Posted by Ahsan M (not verified)

Josh's perpetuallotionengine.

October 3, 2013 | 07:30 PM - Posted by craig (not verified)

Perpetual lotion machine is how I ride to work. I slide the hole way. I just can't stop when I get there.

October 3, 2013 | 07:32 PM - Posted by craig (not verified)

perpetuallotionengine for a key man

October 3, 2013 | 07:55 PM - Posted by phoenixmert (not verified)

Perpetual Lotion Engine

<3 Love the show guys!

October 3, 2013 | 07:57 PM - Posted by Shiloh S (not verified)

PerpetualLotionEngine

lol that's great!

October 3, 2013 | 08:08 PM - Posted by Kevin Riggs (not verified)

I'd love me some PerpetualLotionEngine.

October 3, 2013 | 08:09 PM - Posted by Kevin Riggs (not verified)

I love me some PerpetualLotionEngine.

October 3, 2013 | 09:24 PM - Posted by Consoul (not verified)

I love me dat PerpetualLotionEngine

October 3, 2013 | 10:00 PM - Posted by waterrat (not verified)

The PC Perspective Podcast... Powered by a Walrath brand perpetual lotion engine...

October 3, 2013 | 11:25 PM - Posted by wetnap

Problem with the controller is that thumbsticks give you direct feedback on what you are doing, the resistance and self centering help orientate your thumbs on the controls. Thumbs are poor precision pointers anyways, its why we don't use them on our touchpads, but for relative position controllers with a dead zone, devs can work around this. I think with touchpad thumbpads it will become more obvious you don't really have the control you think, and will just be annoying and less useful for a range of things. Flight sim controls are great with joysticks vs mouse because its more a request for a certain speed of direction, not absolute position. and well, physical tends to work best for things like buttons, so mapping things to the pad would be silly, with buttons on a controller you always know where your thumb is just resting on the 4 button area

honestly I think this is more a publicity thing, doesn't matter if it makes sense, they got you to talk about the steambox;)

October 3, 2013 | 11:53 PM - Posted by RAMBITO (not verified)

Perpetual lotion engine

October 4, 2013 | 01:49 AM - Posted by BashClassy (not verified)

But, what if I cant spell PERPETUAL?

October 4, 2013 | 02:45 AM - Posted by snook

I used the perpetuallotionengine, jumped in bed and slid three blocks passed me girlfriend.

October 4, 2013 | 09:59 AM - Posted by Max KreFey