Podcast #236 - New Intel mSATA SSDs, NVIDIA Project Shield, Crysis 3, and more!
Subject: General Tech | January 31, 2013 - 03:53 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: podcast, Intel, msata, 525, project shield, nvidia, Crysis 3, UP7, haswell
PC Perspective Podcast #236 - 01/31/2013
Join us this week as we discuss new Intel mSATA SSDs, NVIDIA Project Shield, Crysis 3, and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath and Allyn Malventano
Program length: 1:15:43
Podcast topics of discussion:
- Week in Reviews:
- 0:26:55 This Podcast is brought to you by MSI!
News items of interest:
- 0:28:30 I can Haswell Overclock?
- 0:31:10 NVIDIA to start making white-label tablets and phones
- 0:39:30 Crysis 3 MP Beta On-going - Live Stream
- 0:42:45 RIM is going through changes...
- 0:48:20 NVIDIA Project SHIELD Development Detail
- 0:55:15 Details of AMD and Apple Finances
1:00:00 Question from Antonio in Wisconsin
- I have a different kind of question for you. I have an HIS HD6850 that has been damaged. Six surface mounted capacitors and three resistors have been knocked off the back side of the board and were lost forever. With little to lose I removed one cap, measured the voltage, took a dead geforce 7600 and salvaged caps of approximately the same value to put Humpty back together again. To my astonishment the card works... kinda. It cooperates until I install the driver then becomes very unstable and struggles to go any further than the windows loading screen.
- I don't know the capacitance of the original components and cannot find any schematics online for any card ever created. I do not need the card but this has become a bit of a challenge. Any ideas or thoughts on how I might be victorious and declare dominance over this wreckage?
- 1-888-38-PCPER or email@example.com
- http://twitter.com/ryanshrout and http://twitter.com/pcper
Get notified when we go live!