Pedestrians, you have 30 seconds to reach safety; Stainless Kickstarts Carmageddon Reincarnation
Subject: General Tech | May 30, 2012 - 10:07 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: cunning stunt, carmageddon reincarnation
The game that was condemned by the Pope and used by the media as the posterchild for how violent video games should be strictly controlled is back thanks to the love of the original creators and help from a very successfull Kickstarter campaign. Soon you will be able to run amok among pedestrians, setting them on fire, zapping them with your Electro-Bastard Ray or even colliding into them with your car. They have a lot of work to do if they want this game to live up to its predecessors as this was the first game featuring damage to your car and physics processing to handle collisions. You have until June 6th to donate funds to the Carmageddon Reincarnation kickstarter, with a variety of rewards available depending on how much you donate ... $15 to get the game.
"Max Damage is back! Carmageddon: Reincarnation is going to reintroduce the gaming world to the original freeform driving sensation, where pedestrians (and cows) equal points and your opponents are a bunch of crazies in a twisted mix of automotive killing machines. It’s the racing game where racing is for wimps."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The RPS Verdict: Diablo III
- Diablo III (PC) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Pinky: Doom 3 Gets “BFG Edition”, Mounted Flashlight @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Laptop Graphics Face Off: Diablo III Performance @ AnandTech
- Super Monday Night Combat - PC Review @ eTeknix
- DiRT Showdown (PC) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Win TERA, the MMORPG hit PC game @ HEXUS
- Saw Red: Frozen Synapse Expands, Gains Co-op @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Mad Riders (XBLA) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Max Payne 3 PlayStation 3 @ Tweaktown