Origin wants to know if you will love them now
Subject: General Tech | June 20, 2014 - 02:03 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: origin, titanfall, free
[H]ard|OCP spotted a brand new feature on Origin called Game Time, which allows you to play a full version of a game for a limited time. They are launching this feature with 48 hours of Titanfall, if you plan on playing make sure to clean up your drive as it is almost 50GB. The clock starts to tick from the moment you first launch the game; from that point you have 2 days of access whether you play or not. This is perhaps a little better than Steam free weekends for those with slow connections as your download time doesn't count against you. Hop on for some Titan on Pilot action this weekend as The Fragging Frogs are likely to take advantage of this!
"It’s Game Time! This is a brand new program on Origin: it’s free time with full games. Origin Game Time isn’t a demo, it’s the full game playable for free for as long as there’s time on your Game Time clock. And we’re kicking off Origin Game Time with a truly massive experience: Titanfall on PC."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The TR Podcast 156: Computex, WWDC, and E3
- Alleged bait-and-switch tactics spur Kingston, PNY SSD boycott @ The Tech Report
- NVIDIA Wins Over AMD For Linux Gaming Ultra HD 4K Performance @ Phoronix
- Apple SOLDERS memory into new 'budget' iMac @ The Register
- Android and Windows Phone devices will get an anti-theft kill switch @ The Inquirer
- Android 4.4.4 Kitkat unexpectedly arrives with OpenSSL fix @ The Inquirer
- Blackberry Passport phablet will launch in September @ The Inquirer
- Rackspace gives world the servers Google and Amazon keep secret @ The Register
- TrueCrypt Developer Drops New Bombshell - Open Source Fork "Impossible" @ TechARP
Get notified when we go live!