Now on Amazon: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD for $399, ASUS PB287Q 4K for $649

Subject: General Tech, Displays, Storage | June 19, 2014 - 03:56 PM |
Tagged: Samsung, ssd, 840 evo, 1TB, amazon, pb287q, asus, 4k

A couple of really nice Amazon picks hit my email box today and I thought they were worth posting for our readers as well.

1TB Samsung 840 EVO for $399

First, and clearly the most exciting: the 1TB version of the Samsung 840 EVO SSD is now selling for just $399. That comes in at $0.399/GB, which is actually better than the cost per GB of the Crucial MX100 that launched this month. If you haven't picked up an SSD that is big enough to hold all your games, this is the perfect opportunity!

ASUS PB287Q 4K 28-in monitor for $649

Also, after our review went up at the end of May, the 4K ASUS PB287Q 28-in monitor is finally up for sale on Amazon for $649 with a shipping date of July 1st. If you think you might be interested in the universe of gaming at 4K, now is a great time to jump in.

Thanks for supporting PC Perspective!

June 19, 2014 | 04:01 PM - Posted by Crazycanukk

grrr..i would love to buy that . :(

But more sales will come and i'm saving up for my 2560 x 1440 Asus ROG Gsnyc monitor 1st :)

June 19, 2014 | 05:45 PM - Posted by H1tman_Actua1

ROG swift! Finger is on the trigger!

June 23, 2014 | 04:28 AM - Posted by Earnest Bunbury (not verified)

Me TOOOOO! 4k isn't ready and when it is... I still won't be ready for it. I unfortunately bought 2 Evga 770 GTX 2GB cards, perfect for 1080p and hopefully for 1440p, but today I would get the 4gb model. I will get the Asus when the positive reviews come rolling in... or look elsewhere if they are negative.

June 19, 2014 | 04:08 PM - Posted by D1RTYD1Z619

DAMN I NEED both of these. To bad the state of California says I NEED to pay for car insurance and vehicle registration.

June 19, 2014 | 04:50 PM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

That IS unfortunate...

June 19, 2014 | 05:06 PM - Posted by Daniel Masterson (not verified)

I think I will wait another year for my 4K monitor. Hopefully by then I can find a 4K IPS for around that price and I will be able to afford that second 780 as well.

June 19, 2014 | 05:45 PM - Posted by H1tman_Actua1

Cannot wait for the ROG Swift PG278Q!

June 20, 2014 | 08:25 AM - Posted by willie242

I've had my eye on the ROG Swift PG278Q for a while now but will it beat this monitor for gaming??

June 20, 2014 | 03:41 PM - Posted by Crazycanukk

it will be a very capable monitor for gaming no doubt..

Big issue is unless you are willing to drop currently $1000 bucks+ for gpu's to play at that resolution the monitor loses its luster for gaming.

For me i am going with 2560 x 1440 as my upgrade this year and i'll wait for 3-4 years before moving to $k. I'll let GPU tech and the Monitor technology mature more. Im guessing in 3 years 4 years we will be buying $350-$400 GPU's capable of easily playing 4k resolutions. maybe sooner.