No, Creative's new sound card does not go over 9000
Subject: General Tech | January 29, 2013 - 03:49 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Sound Blaster Z, Creative, audio
Why Creative chose the name Sound Blaster Z is unknown, but that is indeed the moniker attached to their new $120 PCIe sound card. As you can see from the picture it is relatively small and will fit in many HTPC cases, plus it comes bundled with a microphone. The software comes with quite a few options, from the Creative SBX "enhancements" to Scout mode which is designed to help gamers hear audio effects, you have a lot of control over playback and with Crystal Voice system you will get noise cancellation on the microphone. TechPowerUp liked the features that this card offered but noticed that it came at a price, when running the driver takes up 80MB of RAM.
"Creative's long awaited new line of sound cards is here. Today, we take a thorough look at the new entry-level model called "Sound Blaster Z". The sound card comes equipped with the new Sound Core processor and Creative even bundles it with a decent microphone."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Sound Blaster Tactic3D Rage USB Gaming Headset @ Tweaktown
- Logitech Ultimate Ears 4000 On-Ear Headset @ Tweaktown
- RHA SA950i Headphones @ Kitguru
- Oblanc NC2-1 UFO Headphones @ Benchmark Reviews
- Mad Catz Tritton Pro+ 5.1 Surround Headset @ Benchmark Reviews
- SteelSeries Flux Headset Review @ XtremeComputing
- SteelSeries CS: GO Siberia V2 Headset, Kana Mouse and QcK Pad Review @ Techgage
- Antec A.M.P Mobile Audio Review Roundup - Gain, ISO and dBs @ Tweaktown
- Antec AMP "iso" Active Noise Canceling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Review @ Madshrimps
- SteelSeries Flux Headset Review @ Hardware Secrets
Get notified when we go live!