New Athlon 63 X2s expected
Subject: General Tech | September 27, 2006 - 08:48 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
DigiTimes has posted an updated AMD processor roadmap. AMD is extending the 65nm Brisbanes, which has new processors at 100MHz seperation, instead of the original 200 MHz. All will have 2*512Kb L2 caches.
"The adjusted clock speeds will be for parts including the Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz), Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (2.3GHz) and Athlon 64 X2 4800+
(2.5GHz), respectively, with the clock speeds splitting the difference between the 90nm existing models - Athlon 64 X2 3800+ and 4000+
(2.0GHz), Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and 4400+ (2.2GHz) and Athlon 64 X2 4600+ and 4800+ (2.4GHz).
The new 65nm Athlon 64 X2 processors will all appear with 2Ã—512KB L2 cache memory, compared with 2Ã—1MB for the similarly named 90nm
versions, indicated the makers. "
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- DFI denies will exit motherboard channel market by 4Q @
- Mozilla releases
Firefox 2 RC1 @ CNET
rushes out 'critical' fix @ CNET
- Judge dismisses part of AMD suit against Intel @ CNET
- Apple iPhone and Cingular Get Cozy @
- Info Rings: The Future of Communication @
- Does the Technology Really Matter? @ The TechZone
- Digital Life Expo Preview @ Boost Mobile Gaming
- The Internet's Biggest Google Whores @
John Chow dot Com (of The Tech Zone)
Get notified when we go live!