More competition for Creative
Subject: General Tech | June 14, 2007 - 12:01 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Turtle Beach has been around for a while, but has had difficulty making progress against Creative's domination of that market. Their newest, the Turtle Beach Montego DDL is a fairly inexpensive 7.1 Dolby Digital Live card with a sound that satisfied OCC's ears. Their only complaint was that they couldn't turn it up to 11.
"With surround sound being more popular than ever before, the demand for sound cards that can handle a 7.1 speaker setup is quite high. Everyone wants to be immersed into their music, games, and movies. So what is a better way to do that than get the big 7.1 speaker home entertainment system? In order to use that entertainment system, you'll need a sound card that can handle the system and put out the sound you desire to hear. Turtle Beach’s Montego Dolby Digital Live (DDL) card is the first 7.1 sound card released from Turtle Beach. Let’s see how it performs when it’s put to the test of an avid gamer, musician, and movie-goer."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Samsung T9 Bluetooth Media Player Sweetness @ BCCHardware
- Icemat Siberia In-Ear Headset @ Modders-Inc
- DXG-506V Digital Camcorder/MP3 Player/Voice Recorder @ DH
- Logitech Premium Notebook Headset Review @ CoolTechZone
- Kensington QuickSeek FM Transmitter Review @ CoolTechZone
- ORB Audio Mod2 Home Theater System @ Techgage
- SanDisk Sansa Connect Review @ Digital Trends
- Stanton T.90 USB Turntable Review @ Digital Trends
Get notified when we go live!