More of Duke Nukem Forever's competition breaks down and releases a game
Subject: General Tech | February 9, 2007 - 09:17 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
S.T.A.L.K.E.R is only 6 years old, compared to DK Forever's 10, but it was in the running for most delayed game ever. No longer, it would seem; according to this preview at bit-tech. It is always possible a brand new game engine will appear before the end of March and cause a delay, but it looks like this game is going to make it.
"So having played for a good few hours now, we're eagerly awaiting the final code to see how it plays for real. Our current
build requires a pretty monster PC to run smoothly, and we're hoping that this will not be the case in the final version, as
tweaks and polish make the game more efficient. We do expect, however, that on a decent set-up the game will look spectacular
- GSC has integrated a bespoke physics engine, HDR lighting and widescreen support to make the game look pretty awesome.
In its current state, the game is also pretty buggy, and dies rapidly on Vista, which we're also hoping will be fixed in the
weeks up until the end of March. If GSC can use these final weeks to pull everything together, the game will almost certainly
be a corker, and the first contender for Game of the Year 2007. Stay tuned for our full review in just a few weeks."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Runaway 2: The Dream
of the Turtle Demo @ Strategy Informer
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princes hits one
million mark @ Strategy Informer
- King of Clubs @ Strategy
- Maelstrom @ Strategy Informer
- Metal Slug Anthology PSP @
- Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam flips onto PS2 @
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition @ Ars
- TrackMania United Webisode
#3 @ Strategy Informer
- Heart of Empire: Rome canceled @ Strategy
- EA closes Japanese development studio @
- Vanguard Saga of Heroes - First Impressions @
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles Hands-On
Preview [X360, PC] @ Gamehelper
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune revealed @
- Def Jam: Icon hits Xbox Marketplace this Thursday @ Strategy Informer
Get notified when we go live!