Mageia 3, a new flavour of Linux to try
Subject: General Tech | May 28, 2013 - 10:13 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: linux, mageia
If you've been looking around for a different OS for a laptop or PC that doesn't spend all of its time gaming you have probably taken a look at some of the more famous Linux distros but one may have escaped your attention. Mageia 3 has just arrived, the successor to the Mandriva project and as it offers both Gnome and KDE desktop versions you can chose the interface which you are most comfortable with. As it comes as a Live DVD you can boot to it on a current machine without having to go through the process of a full install and can leave your current OS intact. Perhaps you have a family member or friend that spends their time browsing that you support and are looking for an alternative to Microsoft or are even just looking to avoid the cost of a new license on an inexpensive mobile device; if so drop by The Inquirer for the links to download Mageia 3.
"LINUX DISTRIBUTION Mageia launched its third and latest release Mageia 3 a few days ago, and that's now available to download directly from the Mageia website and many of the well known mirrors like kernel.org and many university supported mirrors via either Bittorrent, http or ftp."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The TR Podcast 134: Xbone, Kabini, and not quite a Titan
- Redefining the ampere with the help of graphene? @ Nanotechweb
- Investor Icahn needs a loan of $7bn to tick off Mike Dell @ The Register
- Fedora 19 Beta Released: Alive, Dead, or Neither? @ Slashdot
- ARM releases dual-core Cortex A15 hard macro for TSMC's 28nm HPM process node @ The Inquirer
- Whatever happened to Comodo Time Machine? @ Tweaktown
- MSI Gaming Notebook Event Interview With Steve Clark @ eTeknix
- Migrating to Apache 2.4 @ Hardware Secrets
- Xbox One and Playstation 4: Which Promises Will be Broken? @ hardCOREware
- Seiko SNE093P1 Solar Watch @ NikKTech
- A Stroll Down Memory Lane: Best 3dfx Glide Games @ Techspot
Get notified when we go live!