MSI cuts the fluff of their Z77 MPower board but keeps the good parts
Subject: General Tech | December 7, 2012 - 03:07 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: msi, z77 mpower, lga1155
At $200 the MSI Z77 MPower board is neither the most expensive nor the least expensive Z77 board on the market, which makes sense when you consider the board. With three PCIe 3.0 16x slots (16x, 8x 8x, 8x 4x 4x) you get flexibility in the cards you can install, even before you start to populate the four PCIe 1x slots. On the other hand the SATA count is a little lower than others as there is no second controller, though many users could be satisfied with four SATA2 and two SATA 6Gbps ports. On the other hand, seven USB 3.0 ports is quite impressive as is the HDMI and DisplayPort connections thanks to the lack of a DSub port. [H]ard|OCP enjoyed overclocking this board, as there were a lot of fine controls available in the UEFI BIOS though it is apparent that MSI now belongs to the so called "Turbo Cheaters" club. Read more here.
"Too often you have to buy an insanely expensive board, packed with features you probably won't use in order to get high end performance and overclocking oriented features. MSI is changing that with the Z77 MPower. This board has all the performance without the unnecessary fluff."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP @ X-bit Labs
- MSI Z77A-G41 Motherboard @ Rbmods
- Gigabyte Z77X-UP4-TH @ FunkyKit
- ASRock Z77 Extreme11 @ Hardware.info
- ASUS P8Z77-V LX @ Hardware.info
- Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 Intel LGA 1155 @ techPowerUp
- BIOS Option Of The Week - DRAM Read Latch Delay @ TechARP
- GIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4 @ Tweaktown
- Asus F2A85-V Pro @ eTeknix
- ECS A85F2-A Golden Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS F2A85-V PRO Motherboard Review @ OCC
- GIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4 AMD FM2 Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- Asrock FM2A85X Extreme6 FM2 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 @ AnandTech
- ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6 Motherboard Review @ TechwareLabs
- Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 AMD FM2 Motherboard @ Benchmark Reviews
Get notified when we go live!