Killer NIC for Christmas, or not?
Subject: General Tech | December 11, 2006 - 05:01 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
[H]ard|OCP is trying to put the discussions over whether the BigFoot Killer NIC is worth it. At a cost comparable with a good video card upgrade (but not a great one), you would expect to see some improvement in your experience. It turns out that you might well be happy with it, if you play the right games.
If the Killer NIC isn't on your list and you are still stumped for ideas, Ryan has put together PC Perspective's 2006 Holdiay Shopping Guide.
"You have seen the benchmarks and read the ping data. Now find out what the Killer NIC can do for you in real
world gaming situations. No canned benchmarks, just feedback from gamers that have used the card."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Word suffers from second newfound security flaw @ CNET
- Microsoft Windows Vista Final
Review @ TechARP
- Firefox 3 has Alpha Release @
- Holiday 2006 - Things You Can Buy a Computer Gamer That They'll Keep @ Futurelooks
- Vista for Enterprise: To Adopt Or To Procrastinate? @ OSWeekly
- The Dos and Don'ts of Hiring a
Developer @ MadPenguin
- Casio EX-Z1000 10MP Digital
Camera @ BonaFideReviews
- Beginners Guides: Windows XP
Safe Mode Explained @ PCSTATS
- The Tech Report's Christmas 2006
- Super Talent & Overclock3D's Christmas Give-away
- NGOHQ December Contest
- Tekbunker Christmas
- "You Can't Do It Without One Or
The Other" Contest @ TechARP