It's not just the candy you should be checking tonight
Subject: General Tech | October 31, 2006 - 11:42 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
There is a brand new threat that can disable your Windows Firewall with a malformed packet. It attacks using ICS, which means you will likely loose your internet connection as well as the firewall. Slashdot has links to more information.
"The attacker could send a malicious data packet to another PC using ICS that would cause the service to terminate. Because this service is
connected to the Windows firewall, this packet would also cause the firewall to stop working, said Tyler Reguly, a research engineer at
nCircle Network Security Inc."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Windows Media Player 11 Released @ Slashdot
- Why Gaming Sucks On Linux @ ExtremeTech
- Picture Quality Shoot-Out Part III: Handheld Gaming
Devices @ ExtremeTech
- BigFoot Networks Killer NIC: Killer Marketing or Killer Product?
- Understanding the WIPO Broadcast Treaty @ Ars Technica
- New Videos & Photos Added to OCModShop Gallery @
- Last Day to enter the Cooler Master Case
Give-a-way @ Techwarelabs