It would seem tenkeyless is now a word thanks to the CM QuickFire Stealth

Subject: General Tech | March 7, 2014 - 04:48 PM |
Tagged: input, cooler master, CM Storm QuickFire Stealth, mechanical keyboard

As you can see in the picture the word refers to the lack of a numpad, which trims down the size of the QuickFire Stealth, though the 2.1lbs weight may surprise you.  You can choose the Cherry switch colour of your choice, a nice touch for the typing purist and it comes with the standard Vengeance key removal tool for customizing your keyboard layout.  The USB cord is completely detachable making this a relatively portable device and it even has a USB to PS/2 adapter if you are that type of person.  Check out The Tech Report's full review here.

"With a tenkeyless design and "covert" lettering on the key caps, Cooler Master's QuickFire Stealth isn't your average mechanical keyboard. We take a closer look at how it differs from the masses."

Here is some more Tech News from around the web:

Tech Talk

March 7, 2014 | 05:09 PM - Posted by Sonic4Spuds

Tenkeyless is actually a common term used in keyboard design and marketing for a lack of a numpad. I am currently in the process of designing a hybrid tenkeyless keyboard of my own.

March 7, 2014 | 09:35 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I use my keypad everyday...since i've had a computer...that keyboard would cause fist crushing sounds.

1....................9
..3.............8

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

March 9, 2014 | 11:12 PM - Posted by Eddie (not verified)

you could just get a separate numpad

March 8, 2014 | 12:32 PM - Posted by derz

I am a proud owner of this keyboard in cherry blues. One of the best purchases I've made in a long time. N0 frills just a great quality keyboard, (especially since it was on sale at the time.)

March 9, 2014 | 12:46 AM - Posted by JosiahBradley (not verified)

Warning user SusanJLopez is a bot, possibly with a real person typing up these spam post. They popped up over at the TechReport too. *Do NOT* click the links!

As for tenkeyless, that has been a word for years for compact typist friendly keyboards.

March 17, 2014 | 05:09 PM - Posted by Patrick3D (not verified)

I just bought a tenkeyless keyboard back in January, very happy to see them getting more love. I ended up going with the HP USB Mini Keyboard but would love to see more get made without numbers on the letters (alternative numpad). I don't want any numpad at all. My previous keyboard was a "slim" keyboard that used laptop style scissor-truss keys, it worked fine but I ended up wanting larger keys and a traditional arrow key layout with the 6 independent PageUp, PageDown,etc.... keys above.