Intel gets a bigger Imagination
Subject: General Tech | October 4, 2006 - 12:00 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Imagination Technology Group works on systems on a chip, including graphics and video chips, and are now working closely with Intel. HotHardware has an article containing thoughts on what this means, in the light of the recent AMD-ATI merger. It almost looks like nVIDIA has to get into the CPU business by themselves.
"Intel moved in on a quiet little investment of a UK-based company against the backdrop of IDF the other day. And if you weren't maniacally
focused on some of these things, as we are around here at HH, it would have sneaked past you, right under your nose, without so much as a
twitch of your sensory circuits. However, a press release that came across the wire this week was very telling indeed..."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Data Sharing Made Simple @ Digital Trends
- How to Hack the Nike + iPod Sport Shoe Kit @ Futurelooks
- Why Vista means 'GetaMac' @
- Sumo Lounge Omni Super-Sized Beanbag Chair Give Away [one week left]
- Bjorn3D Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Printer Sharing on a Home Network @ PC Stats
Get notified when we go live!