If it didn't work the first dozen times just keep doing it anyways; Win 9 will be Modern too
Subject: General Tech | January 13, 2014 - 10:52 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: win 9, win 8.1, threshold, microsoft, dumb
Even if one literal definition of insanity is to repeat the same process exactly while expecting different results, that doesn't prevent that strategy from occasionally being effective when working with PCs. It is not always the best way to deal with all issues however, something Microsoft may not be willing to admit if the rumours about Windows 9 are true. What was once going to be a major update to Win 8 may now be released as a newly named version of Windows according to the info at The Inquirer. The rebranding of the Win 8.1 Service Pack implies that the changes made to the OS will be mostly cosmetic; though a facelift to the GUI would be good the chances that Microsoft will drop their new Modern interface are quite slim. At least Microsoft is still able to claim this release did not go as badly as Vista.
"We reported on Friday that the Threshold project was being tipped as a major update for Windows 8, however according to Winsupersite it will instead be billed as a new Windows operating system version slated for release in April 2015."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Intel may shift introduction of Broadwell to Q3 @ Kitguru
- Intel readies two ‘Broadwell’-based NUCs with NFC, vPro support @ Kitguru
- Micron provides DDR4 details for servers, high-end desktops @ The Tech Report
- Diamond shows $40 external sound card with volume knob @ @ The Tech Report
- Blackberry pins its hopes on the QWERTY keyboard @ The Inquirer
- Nvidia Tegra K1 smashes Apple and Qualcomm in early benchmarks @ The Inquirer
- Workers, guards clash in hours-long Samsung factory RIOT in Vietnam @ The Register
- Knox vuln is Android not us, says Samsung @ The Register
- The Android Experiment: Episode 4 @ The Inquirer
- The 2014 MacX HD Video Converter Pro For Windows / Mac Giveaway Contest Rev. 2.0
Get notified when we go live!