How shiny will your gaming be on an SSD
Subject: General Tech | December 11, 2013 - 02:19 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Sure, it is obvious that an SSD will speed up your boot time and the loading speed of programs but will it actually make your in game experience better? [H]ard|OCP tested a Western Digital 640GB Black Edition HDD against a Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB in five different games. The results are as you might expect; consistency, framerate and gameplay performance differences all fall within the margin of error showing that in game the SSD will not have much effect. On the other hand load times for both the game and saves are vastly improved.
"We've upgraded all our video card test systems to SSDs recently. But does it actually make a difference in real world gaming performance? Today we are going to test the claim that an SSD will improve your gameplay experience compared to a spinning hard drive. We test several games apples-to-apples on our video card test system."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Brawling my way through Batman: Arkham Origins @ The Tech Report
- More-o-wind: Skywind Puts Morrowind in Skyrim @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Interview: No Man’s Sky And Procedural Generation @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Review @ Techgage
- Sharper Shadows: Thief Gold HD Mod Released @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Q&A: Doom’s Creator Looks Back on 20 Years of Demonic Mayhem @ Wired
- 1 Game 1 Cup: New South Park: The Stick Of Truth Trailer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Xbox One vs PS4 head to head @ The Inquirer
Get notified when we go live!