How memory hungry is Vista
Subject: General Tech | October 13, 2006 - 01:14 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
BCC Hardware sets out to reveal that by benchmarking many games in a system. They benchmark the system with 2GB of RAM and and with 4GB. Drop by to see what effect it had on the FPS.
'There is a saying that if you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. Software
follows a different, somewhat distorted policy. If you provide a system with less RAM, it will page less RAM. If you provide it with more
RAM, it will use more RAM to do the exact same thing. You cannot teach Windows to take care of itself when it comes to memory.'
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- CAESAR IV Demo And New Patches @ Gamepyre
- FastCrawl Demo @ Strategy Informer
- Paraworld Demo @ Strategy Informer
- ProStroke Golf: World Tour 2007 (Xbox) @
- Dead Rising: The Feel-Good Game of the Season @ OCModShop
- Gamers Extreme Event + XBOX 360 Tournament + Contest @
- Company of Heroes (PC) review @ DH
- Medieval II: Total War Demo (Will not
work on a CPU WITHOUT SSE2) @ Strategy Informer
- Lego Star Wars II Demo And More @ Gamepyre
Get notified when we go live!