How fast is your favourite flavour
Subject: General Tech | June 9, 2008 - 08:40 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Phoronix is trying out their brand new test suite on three different Linux distros. Mandriva, a bit of a different OS, was only tested for nine of the benchmarks, while Ubuntu and Fedora both went through the full battery of 24 tests. See which tests most closely match your needs, and pick your Linux distro accordingly.
"Last week we released Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 and one of the article requests we received as a result was to do a side-by-side
comparison between the popular desktop Linux distributions. Ask and you shall receive. Today we have up 28 test results from
Ubuntu 8.04, Fedora 9, and Mandriva 2008.1."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- LG Voyager Cell Phone @ TechwareLabs
- The High Score Run @
- Interview with World in Conflict: Soviet Assault's
Magnus Jansn @ [OC]ModShop
- Sanyo PDG-DSU 20E @ InsideHW
- Devices Aren't Enough @ [OC]ModShop
- Foxconn X58 board supports Intel Nehalem: LGA1366
ahoy @ HEXUS
- Gainward's packaging spills juicy details on
upcoming GeForce GTX280 and 260 GPUs @ HEXUS
Get notified when we go live!