Hey Would You Look at That We Are Not Dead. Also, Prizes!

Subject: General Tech | December 21, 2012 - 11:53 PM |
Tagged: corsair

So now that we have all made it through the end of the Mayan calendar distinctly not dead, Corsair would like to celebrate by giving away free stuff. Naturally only now that they realize that their possessions still hold value is when they will part with them.

Trollolololol.

All joking aside, Corsair is giving away a really epic custom-built PC. As much as we make fun of obscene wattage power supplies, the Corsair 300R case is backed by a 1200W USB-monitored power supply. While you might not be arc-welding the parts together, with two Asus GeForce GTX 680s and an Intel 3770K CPU it makes good sense to have a whole lot of amperage at your disposal.

In order to join the contest you will need to like the page on Facebook. You will have until the 11th of January at 11:59 PM Pacific time to enter. While we are reporting on the contest, it is in no way affiliated with PC Perspective.

Source: Corsair
December 22, 2012 | 12:24 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

lol - You're stretching these contests now Scott
It's hard enough to win with just PCPer members involved

March 11, 2014 | 05:41 PM - Posted by Angelika (not verified)

Greetings! Very useful advice within this post!
It's the little changes that make the largest changes.

Many thanks for sharing!

December 22, 2012 | 02:12 AM - Posted by clonzelda

Why Facebook? :-(

December 22, 2012 | 07:24 AM - Posted by ea1985 (not verified)

Yea, w/ Fb and other social networks, you're placing the proverbial carrot way out of reach. There are legitimate privacy, security and other concerns that your readership would like to be taken into account.

December 22, 2012 | 08:42 AM - Posted by D1RTYD1Z619

Damn it! I don't have or want a Facebook. I'm not 12 years old.

December 22, 2012 | 10:09 AM - Posted by Goofus Maximus (not verified)

It's as if all the contests everywhere are migrating to facebook, where companies have this weird idea that lots of "liking" actually means something.

As I've stated before, there is no prize big enough to drag me kicking and screaming into the social morass that is facebook.

Google+ would be manageable for me, with the circles, but since Google, in it's infinite wisdom, has stopped the iGoogle personalized web page for the stupidest of reasons, I don't even look at Google+ any more. It's no wonder that Google+ has gotten the reputation of a ghost town.

December 22, 2012 | 05:27 PM - Posted by Nilbog

I was actually looking forward to the apocalypse : (
Those Mayans are a bunch of liars if you ask me

December 22, 2012 | 07:36 PM - Posted by Bill (not verified)

Stupid f--king FB!!!!! I'm not 15, so I don't have an account.

December 22, 2012 | 07:58 PM - Posted by VeryInterestedO...

1. You guys may not be tweens, but you're sure acting like it.
2. "While we are reporting on the contest, it is in no way affiliated with PC Perspective."
3. My grandfather likes to shake his fist at the sun too. He used to do it to the moon as well but it's past his bed time now.

December 24, 2012 | 04:19 AM - Posted by Steve0

I get the PR thing from corsair's perspective (no pun) but F* FB!

Keep up the good work guys as I'm sure the FB thing was not your idea.

December 24, 2012 | 01:27 PM - Posted by Goofus Maximus (not verified)

^^^^ what he said!

December 28, 2012 | 03:06 AM - Posted by Scott Michaud

It is not our contest at all. We just figured our readers might like to know about it.

December 24, 2012 | 11:48 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

nice case